Background

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Jumbo Wheel Card "Haunting Hill"



Hello Crafters, Here's a card made with a "Jumbo Wheel". Gives the card a flowing look. The cardstock I used was cardstock from the craft store ( you know the stuff friends and family buy for you on birthdays and holidays). A very simple card, I pulled out the moon and added a bat to give it a highlighted look. I also did various  cards with this one. Soooooo let's get started..


Materials used. Odd cardstock : orange, yellow, tan, purple. SU cardstock Whisper White #100730, Basic Black #121045, More Mustard #100946, Bat Punch #119279, 3/4" circle punch #119873,
Glue stick #104045, jumbo wheel handle #103661, basic black jumbo ink cartridge #104582. I used a Stamp Set that is "RETIRED" Autumn Apparitions- sorry don't have an item number for this set.

Wheel it out. I used Whisper White (100730).


Measure by holding cut-out strip to card.


Mark, then cut. this helps out by stopping too short of strip. Now at this point color in design.


Cut orange cardstock into strips. Glue to BACK of design.


Punch Bats and Moons out..


Glue Moon and Bat.

Will look like this when finished. Can trim any extra off design.

Stamp out words. I used craft scissors and glittered the word for the inside of card. Decided to use grey brads that I had, to give it a plank look.
Used Glue Dots (medium) to apply front of card and inside of card.
inside looks like this. And at the last minute I used large TAG punch (119876).

And the Finished Cards..

I did end up changing marker colors to find the right colors. I hope that I show you that you don't have to have stamps to make a card. And as you can see, don't forget to trim any extra hang overs on card. Open card and turnover to trim... Until next time, Be Adventurage and "Just Create"!
Harriet

No comments: