Background

Thursday, August 25, 2011

*Feeling alittle Halloween *

Hi Fellow Crafters. It's been awhile since I've been here, and alot has happened since then. I became another grandma. My Daughter Sarah had a little boy named Jayden Paul Thomas. Beautiful little guy that makes number 8 grandchild.
I thought I start back in the groove with a Halloween card. The stamp sets I used were SCAREDY CAT- #122555, DARK & DREARY- #120837, MIDNIGHT MUSING- #120863 (jumbo). Other supplies I used were: BASIC BLACK INK #101179, PEAR PIZZAZZ- #119795, PUMPKIN PIE- #105117, WHISPER WHITE-#100739, DESIGNER SERIES PAPER- FRIGHTFUL SIGHT- #122351, PUNCH- #119850, DICOUNTED BRADS and HOUSEHOLD SCREENING.


Fold cardstock in half to form your card.




Next is to take your orange paper and cut into 1/4s. Your should have 4 card size pieces.


Next take your orange pieces and rip from corner downwards with about 1"rip all the way down.



Will look like this.
Stamp out card front and repeat ripping but only rip to fit into orange piece. 


Going to accent front with this Designer paper.

Discounted brads were bought at Micheal's

Stamp out Raven.


Now it's time assemble card.

Fit as you go.

Punched out circles for Raven.

Rip Raven in shapely figure and glue to circles.

To give it a different look I used Screening(window) to highlight my designer paper.


Fit window screening on designer paper.Cut to desired lenght.

Punch holes for brads. And again punch at desired spot.

I added the spider to corner.

Now glue and assemble your card.


Used glue dots for Raven.



At the last minute, I decided to add glitter to my Raven.





Last but not least. Decorate envelopes.

For the inside. Here is all of my leftover whisper white cardstock. I will stamp out BOO.


After stamped out, place on your designer paper. Now all of this will be ripped out. No cutting.

Glue your inside to card. This is actually easier to rip then you think. Plus ripping will give your Halloween Card some character.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely halloween card and like the glitter on the raven, cool!
Congrads! on being Grandma #8
*

Texas JennyWren said...

Hey Harriett, Love your Halloween card!! So creative to think of using screen on the card!! I am a fellow GQ of Dawn. txjennywren.blogspot.com
Jennifer

Raina said...

Love your card and your techniques are super! I'm a new follower to your blog, come and follow when you get a chance.

Raina
scrapwithraina.blogspot.com