Background

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Wooden Greeting Cards


I've been saving the odd pieces of cedar that was left over from a make over project that we did in my kitchen this summer.Besides the wonderful smell it looks beautiful, I went over it with tongue oil and it turned out nice. Well Thinking and thinking about what I was going to do with them . The cedar planks fit into a legal size envelope- 4 1/8" x 9 1/2" . So for "SOMETHING DIFFERENT" again, I decided to stamp on the pieces.


The cedar pieces were damp, I did let them dry before stamping.

You can actually tell wet from dry.

After drying, figure out where to stamp at. It can be a full stamp to one single image.


Also used STAZON because it won't smear or run if wood is damp.

Color, let set then use a light coat of clear spray paint. Then the hardest thing will be deciding who will get one! Thought it was pretty cool, and the people I shared them with just "Loved Them"..
I hope everyone enjoyed this odd project. I also want to add is: I drilled holes in corners to make a wall hanging out of them too.
I'm waiting for my new stamps to come in, so I possibly can start Christmas Cards! And that's just right around the corner.... Until next time... Use your creative skills and "CREATE"
Harriet



















 

No comments: