Background

Friday, January 23, 2015

ToolBelt Card



Well here we are again, another year that past by so quickly. And with all of the New Year's promises that we make to ourselves, regardless of what they are, just how many are we going to try to keep? For me, besides the same old ones like, weight loss, to be kinder to our fellowman, to visit relatives more often....  I think mine's going to be: put more creativity in my life. I'm going to start with a birthday card for my son, which is in February. He's into Heating & Cooling, so I thought I would try my hand at making a "ToolBelt" card.
All materials I used in making this card, came from my scrap box of odds and ends. Mustard colored cardstock, and Navy Blue cardstock was from Halloween Cards. Burgundy to highlight greeting on the front of cards.


 
Used 1" punch for buttons. Punch out, decorate, glue to a  fitted piece of paper. This will represent the buckle. 
 
 
 I stamped out tools on Ivory cardstock, Colored and cutout tools .
 
Used tape measure for pockets.
 
                                                   Now to assemble the card.

                                                  
     To cut out hole for saw, used small slot punch. To round corners out, used the corner punch.

 
                                                       and again cut quarter in half then stamp.

                                    
                                        Used gold Christmas ribbon, in which later had to use different ribbon just because I ran out. Glue in place.

 Folder in thirds by simple folding over, press with fingers.


 

Punch small hole in Tape Measure paper ONLY. Cut ribbon long enough to fold over to hold Hammer. I ended up changing brads. Smaller ones work better.


I wanted to show you the bulkiness that left the card too stressed out!

                         Here's the mistake of punching the brad hole. No excuse, except I wasn't paying attention.


 I ended up doing 12 cards. Not a good card for mass productions. The pain in the butt of this card would be the cutting of the tools. I didn't have a problem in doing this.



I also stamped the front of the envelopes.

                                                    The end results...
This a very challenging  project. If too much, don't scrap it, set it aside or keep for a rainy day project. This would also work as a Gardening Belt. Hey, there we go now... Maybe my next project! I hope you'll give it a try. Until next time. Happy Card making!!!!!

No comments: